5 Smoldering Questions, Training Camp Edition
by Hombre de Acero
203 days have passed since the Steelers’ shot at climbing the Stairway to Seven ended in Denver. Opening day is 33 days away, the Steelers have been at St. Vincent’s for 9 days, but today this corner of Steelers Nation must grabble with these 5 Smoldering Questions on the Steelers.
1. If Le’Veon Bell’s suspension is upheld, what impact if any do you think that Le’Veon Bell’s suspension will have on the Steelers’ 2016 Super Bowl hopes?
2. For this writer, Ivan Cole’s story about his “Steelers spring sabbatical” really brought home how oversaturated Steelers coverage has become. With that said, what do you think was the most underreported Steelers story this off season?
3. A year ago, the Steelers entered training camp thinking that Cortez Allen and Shamarko Thomas were going to start and exited camp with an “Accidental Secondary.”
Based on that experience, Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin opted to dump Allen, Antwon Blake and Brandon Boykin go all in on the youth movement at defensive back.
How realistic are the Steelers’ chances of fielding a stronger secondary in 2016 as compared to a year ago?
4. The Steelers have been at St. Vincent’s for almost a week now. Who is ready to earn some “bragging rights” by naming their pick for the Steelers 2016 a training camp sleeper?
5. This weekend Tony Dungy will enter the Pro Football Hall of Fame. While Dungy’s head coaching record in Tampa Bay and Indianapolis has earned him his spot in Canton, Dungy is a former Steelers player and assistant coach.
What if anything, does the Pittsburgh part of Dungy’s resume say about his Hall of Fame worthiness and do you think Steelers Nation should treat Dungy’s induction as one of our own?
There you go folks, have at it!
in case you’re wondering, the picture is Dungy in his Steeler days…