5 Smoldering Questions: Post-Browns Pre-Playoffs Edition
by Hombre de Acero
Who said Mike Tomlin teams can’t stack wins? The Steelers win over the Browns gave Pittsburgh its 7 straight victory and it came in dramatic fashion as the Steelers backups lead a 4th quarter comeback and then won it in overtime. The Steelers of course will host the Miami Dolphins in the AFC Wild Card game at 1:00 pm on Sunday. But before we can get post season pickings, here are 5 Smoldering Questions on the Steelers which this corner of Steelers Nation must resolve.
1. Bob Labriola has as much stated that beating the Browns is little more than window dressing, arguing that the key to the game was to avoid major injuries. Do you agree with Labriola or do you think there was some significance to the victory itself?
2. The lesson many (or at least me) took away from the Cowboys loss was that the 2016 Steelers simply weren’t that good. Seven games later, the men in Black and Gold have taught a very different lesson. What, in your view, is the single most important element that contributed to the regular season turn around?
3. In explaining why he benched Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, Maurkice Pouncey and Le’Veon Bell, Mike Tomlin referenced the playoff games he’s had to play without these players. By doing that is Tomlin tacitly undermining his own “The Standard is the Standard” credo?
4. Dale Lolley, a Steelers scribe who has called out the “Twitter General Managers” early and often this season, has stated that Mike Tomlin’s legacy is on the line in these playoffs, submitting that: “Regardless of what happens, Tomlin needs to get this team to the AFC Championship.” Agree or disagree?
5. Aside from key players staying healthy, what do you think is the single most important element to a successful Steelers Super Bowl run?
Post Season bonus question:
6. Time to earn bragging rights – How far will the 2016 Steelers playoff run go?