5 Smoldering Questions On the Pittsburgh Steelers, Week 9
by Hombre de Acero
Nine weeks into the NFL’s 2015 season find the Steelers record at 5-4 following a last minute victory against the Oakland Raiders. The Steelers won the game but again lost the services of Ben Roethlisberger, adding drama and intrigue to this week’s match up against historic franchise rival the Cleveland Browns.
1. You Are Mike Tomlin: Ben Roethlisberger is out this week, meaning Landry Jones must start. No one knows the status of Michael Vick. If Vick should be unable to suit up and the Steelers need to activate Tyler Murphy whose roster spot do you sacrifice?
2. Last week as we were vigorously debating the justification or lack thereof of Dri Archer’s roster spot, the Steelers cut Dri Archer. Regardless of where you stood in the Archer debate, do you think picking up Jacoby Jones was a wise move?
3. With LeVeon Bell out for the season and Ben Roethlisberger hurt again, do you think the Steelers have sufficient depth at running back behind DeAngelo Williams?
4. Steelers safety Mike Mitchell is finally getting noticed with his play on the field, but his penchant for celebration is drawing the ire of fans so much that Charlie Batch felt the need to respond to a fan who criticized him:
5. Roxannafirehall has touched upon (although not tackled, I don’t know that anyone could do that) the subject of the Blond Bomber in Terry Bradshaw, Complicated Hero in a piece which defines “must read.”
What do you think would be necessary for Pittsburgh’s Prodigal son to make a true, definitive home coming and be re-accepted (again) by Steelers Nation?
The regular teacher is back, so don’t think you can mess around. Write neatly, sit up straight, and hand in your papers without folding or creasing…