10 Random Things I Learned During Steelers @ Chiefs
It was an odd game, and this is going to be an odder-than-usual post-game article. Here goes:
10. Touchdowns are way nicer than field goals, but 18 points is still more than 16.
9. An opposing player has to essentially decapitate James Harrison before the refs call a hold on him. Luckily the tackle didn’t quite manage to completely remove his head.
8. Le’Veon Bell is amazing, but as we have seen in Landry Jones-led games and/or drives, there has to be some threat of a passing game for him to do his best work.
7. If things aren’t going so well, I need to remove the vintage Steelers button from its spot on the Terrible Towel and pin it to my Terrible Scarf. It’s the road game version of playing Renegade.
6. As Tunch Ilkin says, it’s always the second guy that gets the penalty. Apparently no one told Travis Kelce this.
5. Even James Harrison gets winded on occasion.
4. I’m all in favor of Ryan Shazier continuing to get an interception in every game—this makes four in a row.
3. Apparently an immense amount of crowd noise interferes with the referees’ ability to correctly ascertain where the ball should be spotted.
2. The Killer Bs have added a new member. Soon we’ll have a whole hive.
1. Ben may not have had his greatest game, but he came through when it mattered.