5 Smoldering Questions on the Play-off Bound Pittsburgh Steelers
by Hombre de Acero
Just as they did in 2005, the Pittsburgh Steelers’ quest for their next Lombardi Trophy begins on the road, at Paul Brown Stadium. But before the Black and Gold can battle in the Queen City, this corner of Steelers Nation must first resolve these 5 Smoldering Questions on the Pittsburgh Steelers.
1. A few weeks ago we asked you about the Steelers depth, or lack thereof, behind DeAngelo Williams. We won’t revisit that question, but we will pose one that was being tossed around on Twitter Monday morning:
Clearly the Steelers aren’t making this move, but should they have considered it?
2. OK, we lied. A few weeks ago we asked about Ben Roethlisberger’s return to throwing careless interceptions. Since then he’s now had 3 straight multiple interception games for that first time in his career, most of them looking down right Kordell Stewartish (and this is from someone who defended Kordell.)
Are you worried?
3. The Steelers sack total jumped from 33 in 2014 to 47 in 2015, yet only 11 of those came from the Steelers outside linebacking corps. Do you think this is due to a shift in the defensive strategy, or do you think this is an example of Keith Butler bringing pressure from other areas to cover up a deficiency?
4. For over a month now, everyone has been saying the Steelers are the team that “no one wants to play” in the playoffs. Given the way the Steelers have played over these last two weeks, do you agree or disagree?
5. I watched Sunday’s game on tape delay. My wife and I rented a car (yes, you can live w/o owning a car in Buenos Aires) and wanted to take advantage and…
…well, the Steelers have done well on tape delay recently.
Come Saturday I’ll watch with the same Terrible Towel I’ve twirled in big Steelers games since my mother bought it for me in the Mercy Hospital in 1994 after my Grandfather passed way. Were I at home, I’d be wearing the Steelers knit hat I wore when they were winning Super Bowls XIII and XIV.
What Steelers superstitions will you indulge in to put the Black and Gold over the top?